View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Low Carb Recipes

I wouldn't call this low carb, but it's lower in carbs than normal pizza dough. Plus more protein and fiber.

Pizza Dough
60g Caputo 00 Flour (approx 1/4 cup)
60g King Arthur Whole Wheat Flower (approx 1/4 cup)
56g Soy Flour (approx just under 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp kosher salt
95g cold water

Mix all dry ingredients in a mixer, then slowly add the water adding just enough to have the dough form into a ball and pull away from the sides of the bowl. Depending upon the moisture content of the flours, you may need to use more/less. Knead for 5 mins. The dough should be a just a bit sticky and spring back when you press with a finger.

Put into a bowl sprayed with nonstick spray, cover with plastic wrap and put into the fridge overnight.

The next day remove dough from bowl, divide into 3 equal balls.

Nutritional Info per dough ball:
213 calories, 4g fat, .7g sat fat, 0 cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 32.7g carbs, 4g fiber, 2g sugar, 11g protein.