View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #23
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: "Disrespectful" Version of National Anthem

While I am a fan of a more traditional Anthem, (I occasionally sing along, and this allows my awful voice to blend in and not sound so bad. I like to know where the notes and tempo are going.) she did a fine job. She obviously put a lot of work into practicing for her performance, and she actually got all the words right. (Something I have had the misfortune of hearing butchered many times.)
What is disrespectful, and what I do react to, is people not removing their hats, talking incessantly, and disrespecting others who would like to show their respect for their nation, their Armed Forces, and the dead by distracting from the experience.
More than a few times, I have barked at and individual or groups of people in a parking lot or in a bleacher.
It is my way, unfortunately, as tactless as it may be.