View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
tzaddi

Default Re: Let's see those '09 gardens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquirit View Post
My soon-to-be roommate and I want to start up a garden, but this whole AACT and other stuff is way over my head! The soil out here is heavy clay so we'll be going with either a raised bed setup (for the time being) or maybe a container system. Haven't quite decided yet. It will be one of those "trial by error" adventures.
As with so many other things, just jump in where you can. Success can only be measured by your own enjoyment and edification. A garden can be as small a container or acre upon acre. My experience using AACT has only a been a few years, it was a leap of faith to start, seemed so complex. I understand more now than then and with the help of friends. My passion is fueled by curiosity and the need to know more about the soil. If anyone would like to know more about making compost tea PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post

L -> R, T -> B:
Peppers & eggplant, bok-choy, string beans, carrots and lettuce.
Tomatoes, onions, squash, radish.
Cucumbers, corn with pumpkin at the ends, potatoes.

The grapes are going strong this year. We have had a very mild spring so far. Usually summer weather starts a month ago.
Lance, the new watering system looks good and I like the garden location, seems to lend itself to gravity watering from rain water collection

First Strawberry.

How long can these eggplants hold out in these 3 gallon containers?

Mojito ahoy!

Basil

Figs & Blue Agave