Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: Ray Lewis to Retire :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post

He made mistakes, he was there when a murder took place, pannicked and lied. Then testified to put the murderers in jail and paid the families of the victims. Ray did not, and I believe this, did not kill anyone, but was there.
1) more than lied. His suit from that evening has never been found. Why on Earth would he discard it? He was more than just there. He was part of the fight.

2) he didn't pay those families as a gesture of kindness. He was sued and it was part of an undisclosed settlement to make the suits go away.

3) he was indicted for murder along with the other two defendants. After the indictment, he took a plea to testify against the others, who I believe we're acquitted, hence he didn't really help put anyone in jail.

Love him as a football player but by no means justify what he did. In my opinion, he is no different than OJ, a man who got away with being involved in a taking a life, and in Ray's case, two lives. For me personally, doesn't matter what he did on the gridiron as he never paid his debt to society.