Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #389
billybarue
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (5)
billybarue has disabled reputation
Default Re: The "I'm currently eating..." thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Some arroz con pollo leftover from last night. It's the first time I've made it. It's my mother-in-law's recipe and she's 100% Cuban, though, so it was kind of hard to screw it up.
Love that stuff. Seems so simple, but I am sure I would probably screw it up. Neighbor's mom and dad are Mexican born and live a few miles away. His mom is always cooking for her grand kids and bringing food over. Her chicken and rice is fantastic. Beauty of it is she knows I like it so when she makes it she always makes extra for me! Menudo every once in a while too - also excellent. I could try, but just never be as good as a Mexican Grandma cooking for her grandchildren. I'm just lucky I can horn in on the food when she brings it by. For the cuban version I pick it up once a week or so at La Carreta in MIA airport.

Had bone-in pork chops last night. Saved the bones and made a nice bean and kale soup tonight. Good bread and a hearty red table wine makes for a nice meal on a cold Midwestern night.