View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #66
Hardcz

Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

Here's number 4!

Overall Appearance and presentation 60%
Lighting and burning properties 60%
Construction properties 70%
Taste properties 68.6%

This cigar is giving a pepper flavor in my mouth, slightly sweet on the nose exhale, leaving your mouth full of pepper on the finish with a light tobacco *leather* flavor.
Describe any changes in body or flavor:
As the cigar progresses to the first third it's developing a bitter harsh flavor to it, reminds me of what a marker might taste like.
It continues to gain in strength, both in the spice and the bitter departments. At first this was going to be a good smoke, though I'm seeing why this has been labeled a rocket…
As the pepper builds this cigar develops a spicey tone that will burn the tip of your tongue off…. Not a pleasant experience.
Comments: The ash hangs on a while, though I don't trust it. The burn is somewhat even, though will tunnel slightly then correct itself, required no touch ups though wasn't even the whole smoke either.
I was thrown out of the Coney Island… called ahead asking if they still allowed cigar smoking..they said yes… that's why I went there…. Then found out after I finished my meal, drinking bad coffee and writing this review that it wasn't…..
So anyways I finished this cigar in my truck. It continued to become more bitter and spicy, making my tongue burn with each draw. I didn't nub this by any means, though smoked the whole thing… it was pretty bad.