Still Watching My Back

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (0)
Partagas
hikari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrades: WineCooler/Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
When the cooling system is on, it’s pulling moisture out faster than the beads can replace it. So, you RH drops until the system shuts down and the beads catch up. I do not know the capabilties of your controller. If possible, try reducing the size of the deadband. This will make the cooling system turn on more frequently, for shorter periods of time. So, the RH won’t pull down as much on any cycle.

Your measurement means is giving you a lot of info. Probably, the behavior you are seeing is pretty normal for a system like this. But, most folks aren’t aware because they can’t measure continuously.
Thanks for that.

That makes a lot of since I wasn't aware of knew what a "Deadband" is had to google it
I have the unit set to 71f my house is normally set to 75f-72f depending on what time of day.

What would you suggest I wouldn't want it to get too hot in there by any chance there are Cubans in there that have not undergone the deepfreeze ...lol
Does it mean I just have to buy tons and tons more of beads? I have a mix of new HCM beads. I was going to pull my Heartfelt beads seeing their really old but they are still in there.
40oz of HCM and maybe more than that in hearthfelt

Last edited by hikari; 07-08-2020 at 08:41 PM.
hikari is offline   Reply With Quote