hikari
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (0)
Partagas
hikari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrades: WineCooler/Humidor

--Could use some Help--

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of humidity with this box.

So I know when it turns on and goes low to 50% and slowly rises. too low 60%
I should have enough beads.

As said before, I plugged the drain whole

The unit is split in two-zone top and bottom. I like this because I figured I wouldn't have to circulate the fans so much.

With that said, RF holds steady fine when it's not on. So don't believe there are any leaks.

I've been trying to be patient here thinking it's cigars and ceder trays soaking up a lot. I keep rehydrating silicon beads every two days just to make sure they are good, and then they're making it to 80% white.

I'm only hydrating my old beads. New ones are in there haven't touched them.

I'm not wondering the back wall inside there are two fans build in—one in each zone. I'm thinking their connected to a plate which is cooling down by the compressor. But not I'm wondering are those fans brining in outside air as well.

Don't have time this week to pull anything apart. I was wondering if anyone has run into this and what they have found.

It will kind of suck if it is then will have to find a way of closing this down without breaking it. I already ordered new custom shelves/trays, so don't want to swap the unit out for a different one.

Still a chance this is just in my head, but I'm blowing throw beads faster then I thought. In this time, I think I'm almost through 1gal of distilled water.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions. Not new to this but second-guessing everything at this point.
hikari is offline   Reply With Quote