Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
Ohh the ole BMW/Yugo coparision...I forgot that one..
A Cadillac will get me down the same street at half the $$$ of the BMW and still beat the heck out of a Yugo.
With any of these examples, you simply get what you pay for. But does that mean if you spend more you always get better???
Will the guy with the more expensive (gun, golf clubs, rods-reels-lures, etc) always out perform the guy with the good but less expensive "hardware".?
I've been on jobs with my Craftsman tools, while the Snap-On guy is sitting at home wondering when he will work again.
Will that $1000.00 Dunhill pipe smoke better than a $100.00 Savinelli, maybe, but 10 times better..??
Does the Green and Yellow John Deere really cut grass better than the cheaper Cub Cadet..?
Just saying that there are often products in all areas, where you are paying more just for the name.
Cigars, coffee, whiskey, pipe tobacco are the exception, taste is subjective, I have smoked/tasted expensive cigars, coffee, whiskey that I liked and some that I did not like. Same with the less expensive items some I liked and some not so much.
To some, you are paying for just a name.
To others, they are getting what they are paying for.

I prefer the BMW, so I own one. I do, cause I can. Sure, I could have done just as well with a Solara convertible. I chose the BMW. We can talk all day about how both get you down the street, but trust me, I look better in mine and that is what I paid for. Not to mention, there is a small thing called performance.

Bad example on the Snap On. What you pay for there, aside from the quality, is the "come to you" anywhere you are for service and sales. With the Craftsman, which I own plenty of, you have to jump in the car and go to Sears. In that case, since I don't need them delivered to my door, yeah, Craftsman is the way to go.

To some, they wear a $10 t-shirt. I like Ed Hardy. Sure, I can get ten of the $10 ones for one of my Ed Hardy. However, I bet I will look better.

When we remodeled our master bath, sure, tiles would have sufficed and been cheaper. Wife wanted marble. Cost a whole lot more. To her, that made all the difference in the world. I made her happy, she makes me happy in turn.

With the Mac, my reasons were a whole lot different.
I was tired of crashes. I was tired of viruses. I was tired of a system/companies that wiped their butts with you once you bought it and you had to be resourceful to figure it all out. Apple makes it easy and Apple doesn't leave you out in the street. They proved that to me with the way they resolved my initial issues and the way I can get any support video of any kind that I may need to learn any aspect of their device of operating system. To some, not needed. To me, was worth a whole lot more than I paid.

The analogy of why pay more can be made with anything. Value is what the person whose wallet is paying for it perceives it. All a matter of what side of the fence you are on.