First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buying a new laptop- Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Big points you make there.
You cannot compare the construction of a MacBook to any other PC based laptop. The quality of the MacBook is far, far superior.

When folks speak of price, it is all relative. A Yugo can get you down the street just as well as a BMW. Me? I rather be in the BMW. Others may prefer the Yugo (although the likelihood of making it down the street in a Yugo is slim to none).

To relate it to the this board, some prefer a Cohiba, some prefer three or four different cigars for the same price of the Cohiba.

With any of these examples, you simply get what you pay for.
Ohh the ole BMW/Yugo coparision...I forgot that one..
A Cadillac will get me down the same street at half the $$$ of the BMW and still beat the heck out of a Yugo.
With any of these examples, you simply get what you pay for. But does that mean if you spend more you always get better???
Will the guy with the more expensive (gun, golf clubs, rods-reels-lures, etc) always out perform the guy with the good but less expensive "hardware".?
I've been on jobs with my Craftsman tools, while the Snap-On guy is sitting at home wondering when he will work again.
Will that $1000.00 Dunhill pipe smoke better than a $100.00 Savinelli, maybe, but 10 times better..??
Does the Green and Yellow John Deere really cut grass better than the cheaper Cub Cadet..?
Just saying that there are often products in all areas, where you are paying more just for the name.
Cigars, coffee, whiskey, pipe tobacco are the exception, taste is subjective, I have smoked/tasted expensive cigars, coffee, whiskey that I liked and some that I did not like. Same with the less expensive items some I liked and some not so much.