View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #1056
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Scott,

Went to the U16 Grizzlies game yesterday to see how they looked. They dominated their competition(Boise Jr. Steelheads), but not sure what that means. Breakout looked REALLY good, solid D. Their goalie plays for our HS team, though is not currently the starter(who knows if that will change). I am interested to see how they(U16’s) and the U18’s compete in Michigan in a couple weeks. Assume you guys will be there?

Talked with the father of the goalie I mentioned above, he says that the 18's look really good, but I still have no idea who is on that team. Guess I'll have a lot of answers by the end of the month.

We are heading to Vegas to play the Jr. Wranglers this weekend. Not sure what type of team we are going to have, but excited to get on the ice.
We didn't play the Grizzlies in Detroit, but we did play them this past weekend in Minnesota. Not sure how it works, but the showcase weekends are league games and it just turned out that we didn't meet up with them until this time.

The word was they were a new team? One of our kids played with one of the Grizzlies kids way way back at Mite and our parent was explaining how the team worked. She said they all eat together, bring their own food and drinks, and have a guy just for that!?!??!

She also said it costs 10k just to play, not including travel, and they fly everywhere (They certainly have to fly to all our showcases) and she also said that there are parents who help pay airfare for those who can't.

They didn't have a good weekend, but I certainly can see the potential they have. We gave them their worst loss of the weekend, 11-1. Looking at the results so far, after just 2 showcases, they haven't won a league game yet. We're about in the middle, which is what we expected. We've had a couple games that just didn't go our way. We should have gone 4-0 this past weekend but our kids **** the bed in game 2

Our boys are currently 4th out of 10 so we'll see how the rest of the season goes. I think the next showcase is in Rochester NY next month.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote