View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough
Default E.P. Carillo Maduro Club 52

I've had my eye on this beauty for a while. The review on the Encanto on this forum got me even more psyched to try it out. I picked up three at the local shop when I went to pick up my humidor they were seasoning for me.

On looks, this thing is gorgeous. A thick, oily maduro leaf hugs the exterior. Minimal veins, a couple lumps here or there. But I don't mind. It felt robust in hand. You can tell by looking and holding it that it's a real cigar. The band on the dark wrapper just makes the package look striking.

Pre-light aroma made my mouth water. Just a classic rick cigar smell with a what seemed like a hint of molasses in there. A note I get when sniffing a well aged rum.

Upon lighting it gave out a healthy amount of smoke. Each draw was near effortless and brought in tons of smoke. It's very, very, very smooth. Liga Privada 9-ish smooth. The entire smoke had a leather undertone to it. Not overwhleming whatsoever, but it's there. Intermixed as I went down the cigar was classic rich maduro tobacco, some dark cherry, dark chocolate and molasses in there. The aroma when lit was identical. Mellow classic maduro smell with a little molasses and dark cherry. Towards the last portion the nicotine kicks into higer gear and enters the flavors. But doesn't ruin it.

Last but not least, the price. $6.99 at the B&M. I tend to rate the best cigars by whether or not I want them to end. I did not want this to end. It burned suuuuuuuper slow for a Toro. I got nearly 2 hours out this. I could've kept going. Quite simply, this is one of the if not the best cigar under $10 I've ever had, right there with the Perdomo Noir. Push come to shove I'd place it above the Noir. Bad ass cigar ladies and gentleman. I will keeping a regular supply.