Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #254
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzm007 View Post
Say wise men, how do y'all tell the difference between tobacco?
You know, is it English, Latkia, VaPer, etc.?

Anyway, I've got Apple Strudel, Bear Blend, Peaches and Cream, Majestic 586, Maple Leaf, and Sweet Dreams (yep, alphabetized ). They're all ribbon cut, all brown or a little darker brown, and I want to try to avoid ghosting in my solitary tobak pipe.

How do I tell the difference, now and in the future?

I was looking here http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze...e/tobacco.html, but I'm far too n00b to know.
well, most of the time people know what they are when they purchase them. hard to know when they're given to you unless you have had experience and heard of them before.
with names like: maple leaf; peaches and cream; apple strudel; sweet dreams, they sound a lot like Aromatics.

www.tobaccoreviews.com has blend descriptions as well.
here's a link to Boswells tobaccos.

Apple Strudel = or is it apple cobbler? either way, it's not flavored with banana.
Bear Blend = Virginia w/ Cherry Carmel flavoring
majestic 586 = burley, virginia, toasted cavendish... doesn't say it's sweetened and nobody has reviewed it yet
maple leaf = maple and vanilla added to cavendish
peaches and cream = peach flavoring added to black cavendish
sweet dreams = virginia and cavendish flavored with "food flavorings that J.M. likes to experiment with."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
Any tips for smoking a pipe with a deep bowl? I have a pipe that is 2" deep and I can never smoke the last bit without relighting every 3 puffs, I've tried everything, left the ash in, dumped it out, dumped it out and mixed it up and retamped. Is it just too wet from the rest of the smoke?
to smoke right away?? if it's moistened from the steam that drains down from the smoked tobacco above it, it would have to dry out before you could re-light it.
it happens... "dottle" is a favorite word of mine.