View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Almst had my first B&M experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
So, I live in a small town. Well, 6 miles out from a small town. The "B&M" shop here is essentially a place that sells pot pipes, sex novelties, and has a small walk in humidor. The humidor is laughable at best. For a LONG time, I've wanted to visit a REAL brick and mortar shop, to see what most of you on here have actual access to.

This past weekend, I took my kids down to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for an overnight hotel stay, then Chuck E Cheese and a small shopping spree at Toys R Us in Maple Grove. Which just so happened to be within a few minutes from Tobacco Grove. So after the kids' fun, I stopped in for a peek.

To be honest, I didn't want to leave. There were people in there that actually knew about and liked to talk about cigars! (Fun fact: I've never been to a herf either, so being able to talk cigars with other people in person was a great experience). But alas, the gf and kids were waiting in the car, so I was out in 10 minutes. Picked up a 2011 Viaje Holiday Blend robusto, 2012 Holiday Blend torp, a viaje Skull and Bones Little Boy (1st release), Tat Black petit lancero, and the guy in the humidor talked me into trying the new Cain F lancero tubo.

After leaving, went to a liquor store, picked up a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive, 6 pack of Bell's Hopslam, and a bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 12-12-12, none of which I can get in my small town liquor store.

SO I''ve made it a point to actually get down there by myself sometime, and really visit a B&M or 2, and spend enough time for a smoke or 2.

To those that have an actual B&M shop nearby, consider yourselves lucky. I wish there was an escape like that around here for me to support.
This is fabulous. There are B&M's that will disappoint you, too. Those that do not value their customers like our 1 and only shop. I don't go there but I travel to the Cigar Room in Madison, AL, Vitolas in Birmingham, Patriot Cigars in Huntsville, AL to name a few. I give these guys all high marks on customer service. If you find one, stick with them. The long haul will tell you all you need to know. If they're still helpful and friendly after visiting a few months, then you will know they are a keeper. Unfortunately, with a FEW B&M's, familiarity breeds contempt.