View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #82
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How Old Are You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Anybody else own one of these?

Sadly that thing made SO MUCH SENSE when you were playing it, too, that's what's scary....
4 pages so far and ain't been stupmed yet, except for the skate key. I made an assumption on that one,
never had skates, but I am pretty sure that's what that one is. My dad brought me the electronic football
home from one of his weekend'ly runs to all the thrift stores in NO. What a time I had with that one.

As for the Zip handle on the smash up derby cars, that was actually used for a product that came BEFORE
Smash-Up Derby, although it was the same basic product. The aim of the original was JUST speed, but of
course, it wasn't long before the excitement of SUD sets came out. As I recall those prior cars were FAST!!
That poured metal alloy central core for the wheel and the massive rubber exterior...you're right, if that thing
skidded off your palm when it was spinning it was a bad deal. And now that I mention it, the Evel Kneivel set
also used a similar zip system. WOW, those cars were bad-a55! I had two of em. A kid that came to visit us
one Christmas from Michigan had a BRAND NEW smash up derby set. I remember that weekend, too, cause he
burned the $hi+ out of his hand on sparkler wires and I blistered mine in touching all three rails of a Lionel Train
track at once. It was a SICK imprint, lol. I am guessing my hand was sweaty, as it often was as a kid.

Last edited by OLS; 06-15-2012 at 10:31 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote