View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Back to pipe smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
Hey Todd,

I used to buy in the $250-$400 range as high end pipes. I'm looking at under $100 for my current stash. I just one a new no-name on ebay for $10.50. That's a good start! I'm well-aware of estate pipes. Went to the Chicago Pipe Show a few times and got some great deals there. My local Tinderbox used to carry Boswell's pipes and my first three were all Boswells. They were $33.00 each back when I first started pipe smoking. I see they have gone up quite a bit since then. The best pipe for the money for me was always Stanwell. Their lower priced pipes always smoked as good as the higher end stuff. My problem is a I have a real weakness for the Italian carvers, Rad Davis, & Mark Tinsky.

MCS
To the Italians, Rad, and Mark, I add Lee vonErck. I have a couple of his, but his prices are way more than I can afford now.

I have a rotation of about 13 pipes: 2 Castellos, a Radice, a Don Carlos, an Ascorti, a Becker, 2 vonErckss, a Stanwell, a no-name, and a few cobs.

God's blessings.