View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
kzm007

Default HP Pavilion DV9500 CTO Notebook DVD-RW Burning Issue

On one hand, I hate to keep running to CA every time I have a problem with technology, since this isn't a technology forum by design, so not only do I feel like I may be wasting everyone else's time as well as my own, as well as taking up thread space, but in addition I may not get good answers simply because maybe other individuals just don't know what to do to help me, so they don't post.

On the other hand, this is a great place, and people often do try to help when they can so I apologize again for my complaints, and hope I can be helped out. It's a cycle
------
I have a handful of recorded media that don't ever seem to burn correctly using my DVD-RW drive.

My laptop is an HP Pavillion DV9500 running Windows Vista.

I usually simply right-click the DVD-RW drive and explore the folders, select all files, and then copy to my empty folder on my external hard drive. I do not use WMP 11 as I don't utilize the library avoid adding files to it?

Is there possibly a better method that you might know of that would result in proper readings from the source file/disc? I have gone through a couple of DVDs and CDs that are burnt for me, and it's a frequent issue.

I hate to keep requesting new media from the seller (these are copies taken from out-of-print vinyl albums), but this appears to be a re-occurring error, and as the laptop is my main computer, I don't want to go through the hassle of using a different computer elsewhere.

Is there possible success using DVD-Rs instead? Currently, he is using Memorex DVD+Rs.

I do believe this problem can be solved, and my drive appears to read factory CDs and DVDs just fine; it's simply the burning process that causes trouble. Because of that fact, I don't feel my optical lens is dirtied, and I will also look around for a driver update from HP.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Kegan