Thread: Audi vs BMW
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #11
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Audi vs BMW

I have had 4 BMWs, (all used, bought smart, and in good service history and condition) and loved everyone of them.
Having been a service writer for over a decade for other marques, I can attest to the reliability, serviceability, performance, and build quality of them. I personally would stay away from 7 series, in conversations with my go to shop, but I don't think I have been merely "lucky" with repair history and general experience of ownership. Parts availability is good to excellent from non OEM suppliers (getting OEM parts, even), and found the few things I have had to repair straightforward and relatively well laid out, engineered, designed, and quite serviceable. Those items I haven't done or wanted to get into considering the climate I live in, have been taken care of by an affordable, well trained former BMW technician.

I have found the naysayers have never owned one. Take that grain of salt for what it is worth.

Last edited by replicant_argent; 06-17-2011 at 10:11 AM.
replicant_argent is offline   Reply With Quote