It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thinking of joining the ARMY, what do you thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
I've worked in Airborne units in and out of Iraq for the past 18 1/2 years.

The problem isn't with the Airborne units - they WANT to be there. The straight leg units who are trying to be all "hooah hooah" are where the egos come in to play.
The soldiers I am referring too were slated to be training/working with the Iraqi Army. Prior to deploying they found out they were going to be training with civilian police advisors and working with the Iraqi Police service. I don't have to tell you or anyone who's worked with the military in this capacity it has been a nightmare from square one. They call us subject matter experts but they have thrown us out of meetings and planning sessions when they asked for our opinions and we gave them. So my time is nearly done with this adventure, time to start a new chapter of my life. Please don't get me wrong The United States Army has some of the best and brightest and I consider myself very fortunate to have worked with them in this environment. Just two different animals made to live in the same cage and they always won right or wrong.

Chris......