View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #20
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Congrats Drew Brees

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
An amazing feat, toppling Dan Marino's record tonight. 5,087 yards in a season - and he still has one more game to play in regular season play.

Congratulations!
Not sure if anyone else has stated this or not, but I will add it to the kudos and correct myself
if someone has already. Last year when he was only 15 yards from breaking the record, or last
TIME he was close, he had a man wide open across the middle for the record, and he threw it
at the receiver's feet. It was not a scrambling throw and was not by any means a difficult toss and
catch. I thought it was simply a tip of the hat to the MAN, DAN and he likely thought about it later and
said, "NEXT time that puppy is MINE, Dan..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
+1

Tirico is a brutal announcer. Tries to be part of the story instead of the storyteller.
That is Musberger for me.

As for asterisks, I heard one caller on WWL radio out of NO say there SHOULD be a asterisk by the
record... * - "Brees did it ALL while being less than 6 feet tall"

Personally I hope he throws for 500 at home against the Panthers next week, sock that puppy away
for a few seasons...

Last edited by OLS; 12-27-2011 at 12:25 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote