View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #141
Hardcz

Default Re: Silound's Dog-Rocket Review Challenge!

I'd like to summarize this experience for you...

After smoking all of these dog rockets labeled as such by Silound, I really have tasted something that is bad. I went into this with an honest opinion, I thought our friend would fake us out by putting some good sticks in here, so I gave each one a fair shot before reading what it was. I know there is power to the band. I've tested this myself with cremosa's.... The same people who have tried them when I brought them to various herfs who said they were nasty, when it was banded as a punch black prince cuban said it was good. I try to be non biased and let the flavor be the judge.

In the case of these cigars I found a few that to me might be worth smoking again. The majority wouldn't. Mostly it was the harshness and common flavor that left just a bad taste in your mouth. Most commonly a sour flavor that you would get from food products that are well past their prime. It was an experience I think everyone should have, maybe not to such the degree it was taken here, though it does help to give perspective. Hell I smoke backwoods and I admit it. Not all the time, but I have a pack in my truck just in case. It's not a great smoke but it's not terrible either. Anyways going back to these cigars.

When you smoke something that is bad, you are giving it an honest shot you will notice the foul flavor on your palette, it's just something that does not agree with you. The old saying "Smoke what you like" is totally true. Borndead had found a few cigars he enjoyed, some of those I thought were just as bad as most of these, and visa versa. Take away knowing that not all dog rockets are bad, the taste is in the mouth and nose of the beholder. Remember the nose exhale, it bring flavors to what would be a crap cigar otherwise. And try not to let others influence your decision if something is good or not. For you a 99 cent Garcia Vega might taste as good as a 99 dollar dunhill.

Silound I want that number 17 dog rocket you promised lol.