Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough
Default Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles

I'm new here...and feel the need to preface this review with a few personal sentiments:
1. I worked as a chef for the better part of a decade and was always a tad annoyed at a sommelier's "over-tasting" of a wine.
2. A good smoke is a good smoke, and sometimes it's just that simple.
3. As much as even I like to see pics with a review, it's not necessary.
4. I smoke cigarettes...this inherently skews my perception of a flavor profile.
Please forgive these sins as I progress...
Pre-light draw:
This cigar gives a wonderful, aromatic precursor of the smoke that is to come, even though the flavors mature, sometimes, beyond what you may be expecting. Spicy, smooth...you just WANT to smoke the damn thing!
Construction: Very well constructed cigar, oily dark wrapper, visible veins (some bigger than others, but nothing frightening), and no soft spots to speak of.
First Third: Expectedly smooth, buttery, it just goes down well. You know you're in line for a good smoke here. The ash was marbled and held very well, plenty of smoke. Ash fell just at the end of this portion of the stick (I average two "ash-drops" per stick).
Second Third: HOLY COW...this "cheap" little stick really becomes everything it can be here. This is why the $117 box of 24 (maybe 25?) has become my favorite daily smoke. Full, rich, aged tobacco flavors....and man, what a wrapper!
Third third: I'll just leave it at this, I nub every one of these I smoke...Kind of new to smoking as a hobby, but these babys are fantastic! The smoke becomes so full, almost overwhelming with the flavors! (Dare I say, like a dutch chocolate cake?)
Summation:
Again, still new to this, but this is a fantastic "bargain" smoke..and won't monopolize too much of your time (if you need a quickie! ) They have become a nice daily smoke for me and make a fantastic "dessert"!! I recently had a Tat Black, and barely have the experience to describe the thing....one of the best cigars I've had to date...can't wait to try one in a few months
Try not to bash the newbie too hard, but I need to hone my reviewing skills. I hope someone finds this useful!!
Happy Smoking
Dan