View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM   #1271
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post

On the topic of chin-ups: how can I get there unassisted? Ideas for accessory work? Programming ideas? I'm down to 75lbs assist (BW is 275-280)

I've been hitting the chin/dip machine every other trip and supplementing with lat pull downs at 120-175 lbs usually down ramping as I fatigue.

I am determined to lift my own body weight, and I'm beginning to wonder if I should just shoot to lose 76 more lbs.
Best things I did to build pull-up strength and do more was negatives, slow descents, and not going to failure.

Heavy negatives at the end of your back workouts will help a lot. Your lats and biceps respond the best to movements where you have to hold weights. Start at the top and just hold yourself there. Lower a little bit and hold there. Continue until you are at the bottom. Try to make it last 10 seconds.

Use 3 second descents on your pull-ups.

In general for strength you want to stop a rep or 2 before failure. You need a I keep your CNS from getting fatigued.

Those will all help. You will get there in no time.