View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tour de France 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Lance would've never made such tactical errors, what about Kloden? These guys have not been as well executed as years past with Bruyneel. Yes, there is bad luck, but his teams have been so well polished, it's like bad luck did not exist. In all reality, they have the same shakes as every team this tour, but got caught out at some crucial times. Points is about all they can shot for at this stage. A few stage wins, I doubt they'll win the individual time trial.

Saxo Bank is looking really great, but I want Contador to win. I question Andy Schleck's mental toughness. Contador and Vino are cool as they get. Jens Voight as great as he is, can only give so much.
Exactly what tactical errors? I really don't know what you are referring to...

I have not seen, nor have I heard discussed LA, Johan or Team Shack making tactical errors that have cost them.... Though there has been a lot of talk about things that happen in long stage races that just suck... Much like Saxo losing Frank.... That was not a tactical error by Saxo or Frank...just something that happens....

In the end, it is a long stage race and things happen.... A flat in the cobbles with no support, going down at 36MPH and having to try to catch a jumping field, on a second bike, right before a climb.... It didn't work out for the Shacks GC #1 to win the tour....however unlikely that would have been...

Like I said before, I think it is Contadors' race to lose.... If A. Schleck was better in the ITT, I'd give him the edge...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote