YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Questions on Wineador and storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
I have a Wineador and it has cedar drawers and shelves ( from ChasDen... BTW ehre has he been? ) . I know if you plan on leaving the smokes to rest then you should leave them in the SLBs or boxes that they came in. And if you plan on smoking them you can either put them in the drawers or leave them in the boxes, right?
Not sure where you got this information. But I don't think it matters. Sure. If you are saving a box to age, there is no point in taking them out of the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
What Ive noticed is that the cigars will loose their "smell" when they are kept loose in their drawers. Is this because of the atmosphere within the Wineador? As in the oils or smells are allowed to move around more and release from the cigars versus being contained within a box? I hope this is making sense... lol

It just seems that when they are pulled form their boxes and put into the drawers they loose that rich tobacco scent you can pick up from SLBs ( when you open and smell ) and then they take a bland/maybe cedar scent/musky scent if they sit in the drawers loose for a year or two+. Other than that they smoke good and RH is 65% +/- a few... No mold etc.
Never heard that before. Maybe what you are smelling is the box itself. Oils and aromas don't "move around". If your storage is properly maintained, there is no reason the cigars should lose their aroma.