Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #34
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lil Monster reviews

Tonight was the final Monster, the Lil Drac.

Like most of the others, it started with some pepper...but I wouldn't call it a "blast", just more of a pepper spice. That faded relatively quickly with the Drac, and became a smooth, earthy profile. A little more complexity in this one kept me interested, got some sweet bready notes in the middle before the earth took center stage again. This one I smoked to the nub, it was a relatively pleasant cigar.

All the Lil Monsters were well constructed, with good draws and the need for only a couple minor touch-ups on a couple of them.

Perhaps, as Larry and Adam implied, I erred by smoking them fresh, and they will mellow with age and become cigars I might enjoy more. I have seem some glowing reviews for some of them "fresh", so I wanted to see what the hype was myself.

Would I buy another Lil Drac? Much like the Lil Mummy, the Lil Drac wasn't a bad cigar, I just don't think it warrants the price tag.

I look forward to trying the full sized Drac and Wolfman to see if I enjoy them more than I did the Face.

My final ranking of the Lil Monsters (smoked fresh):

1. Lil Mummy
2. Lil Drac
3. Lil Wolfie (tie)
3. Lil Face (tie)
5. Lil Frank

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote