View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #73
s15driftking
Go Browns!

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What would you do if...... (awesome content)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
My Florida friend's 15 or 16 year old female cousin walks in wearing very very very short shorts...like Daisy Dukes. Well grandpa says, without hesitating..."if those shorts were any shorter you'd have two more cheeks to paint and more hair to comb." Me and my buddy couldn't stop laughing. The conversation with gramps was much better after he let that one out!

its funny that you say that. I find that so many times once that barrier is broken by a common ground taboo you really see people of "different generations" open up. No one ever thinks that a grumpy old quiet grandpa would have the sense of humor of a young sailor.

The idea is that "we're all guys here" y'know? we all think the same things (essentially). too many times we treat our elders like autonomous priests who we are afraid to open up to.... If you open up to them more than half the time you'll find that hey are much more alike to you than you think...

My grandpa told me a joke once (i was 17 at the time) and he and i were sitting there alone in the living room on some holiday some odd years ago...

(keep in mind he was a sailor on the Navy during WW2 and a decorated soldier who saved an entire submarine full of men through a brave act, he.... at age 83 would still get up early and work out, he was built like a brick shithouse and was very militant and serious most his life...towards us kids)

the joke goes like this...MY grandpa says this to me...

"I was sitting at a bus dtop in downtown Youngstown about 15 years ago and i saw a punk rocker kid there with a mowhak that was blue, red, green, and purple....

....i sat and stared at the kid until he said "hey man, what the hell are you looking at??" (in a snyde manner)

"i replied..."well, i just had to take a good look son, as you know... times were tough during the war and when i was overseas some 20 odd years ago i was lonely and i had sex with a peacock... im sorry for staring but, i just wanted to see if you were my long lost son"

my face turned beat red!