View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
nick2021
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (17)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
nick2021 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat

I did the same thing you did about a year ago...except I started off with a Plus 48 then ended up moving up to an MxT for the exact reasons you stated. It's jam-packed full right now. See photos below...that's when I first got it and it filled up quickly so you're doing the right thing by going bigger. I wouldn't worry about beads...for the first 3 months or so you're going to go crazy as the humidity will fluctuate from top to bottom. I put beads in my cabinet initially but ended up taking them out. At the top, humidity read 65%, middle 67%, bottom 69-70%...temp remains steady at about 68 degrees (have A/C in my house). I simply arrange my cigars accordingly as some do better at lower humidity compared to others at higher...congrats on your decision to buy one of bob's humidors! You'll be quite happy....just don't stress over the humidity fluctuations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowles2 View Post
I posted this on another forum but wanted to post it here as well to hopefully get more feedback for the questions below.

I am taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat. In fact I talked to Bob on Friday and ordered a Mini Tall with
set & forget. I may move up to either a Plus, Plus 48 or an M though because I was counting up the boxes that
I have ordered lately and ones I'm planning on ordering and have concluded the the Mini will already be full. I like
the M but it doesn't fit where I really wanted to put it so the chances are good I will end up with the Plus or Plus48.

And now a couple of questions...
1. Those of you with the Plus how many singles can you fit in the drawer? The site quotes 2-300 but that's a pretty big range.
2. Do you peoples with the set and forget system use beads along with it to bring down RH? Or do you find that it's not necessary?

Last edited by nick2021; 04-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
nick2021 is offline   Reply With Quote