View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #22
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: Supplements you use- bodybuilding/weightloss

Interesting info, peeps. I guess at my advanced age(53) I no longer feel it possible to be an "Arnold" bodybuilder type. My goal is to be physically fit. I have recently started on PACE(similar to HIIT) and am looking to get my diet in shape. I need to lose 100 lbs.

I am afraid of some of the thermogenic supplements because I don't want a heart attack! I do have a pace-maker, so I need to be somewhat careful with what I ingest siupplement wise.

Most medical web pages poo poo supplements, as do many MDs. Yet, some do seem to work! I understand creatine has gotten good vibes, but you need to take such a huge amount in the loading phase! And, I have read that it's a no no for diabetics.

Right now I am using a whey protein shake 3 times a week after my workout. I also just bought a bottle of BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder, which has gotten good reviews on Amazon, and I believe a few inmates have mentioned it positively here as well.

You can drive yourself nuts by reading all the info/options that are available- and many are simply hype and a waste of money.

Thanks to all who are responding here- I trust my brothers and their words of wisdom!