View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #10
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Once Great Pipe Tool Replaced with Junk at JR Cigar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
I have a different take, Chas. While I agree their freight deal is a dog, I have two stores within driving range - Selma, only a 25-minute summer day motorcycle drive thru the country; and the Burlington store is right on the way to other places I frequent - and I pass the Statesville, NC, store several time/year. Cash and carry is great with NC taxes and no shipping charges. Their tobacco selection/price has been great up until the recent universal shortages and their pipe selection is immense. AND - the Selma store has great retail guys, excellent coffee and friends in the lounge. I'll try and click a picture in Selma for you to see sometime - quite a place, really.

If I had to order online I'd probably look elsewhere and feel different about it.
This is pretty much how I feel about the JR store here, minus the whole tax thing (MI taxes aren't the worst but still high). No lounge at our JR but the staff is great and they have one of the better selections of tin pipe tobacco.

Sucks to hear that they would carry a different czech tool. If it ain't broke, don't fix it seems fitting for this situation.