View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Johnny Walker Blue King Geo V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
This is listed at $600 a bottle at Bevmo. My curiosity is not only sparked it's on fire. Has any one sampled this, I'm trying to figure out what makes a bottle of scotch worth 600 bucks. I will never be able to afford it but would like to hear from some one who has tried it if any of you have sampled it.
I have never heard of this release, let alone seen a bottle of it. If anyone could post a picture, I am sure, it would be appreciated by all. $600 is a lot's and lot's of money for a bottle of anything, especially a scotch. My first thought, is of my opinions of the JW Blue, which are not very high. Yes, it's a truly great scotch, but it is no way worth the price, somewhere in the $160 to $180 range. There are a host of blends and single malts out there in the $60 to $90 range that are much better, at least IMHO. That alone makes me very suspicious as to the quality of a $600 bottling!