View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Thinking of the plunge into a Rancilio Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Man, I hate to be confrontational, but living in Florida, the tap water will eat up an espresso machine in very little time.

I've replaced just about every faucet and shower head in my house due to the scale buildup from the city water.

I've put a whole house water softener in recently and still wouldn't put tap water anywhere near my machine.

I've noticed a huge difference on my skin, clothes and spots on the shower, but not enough tolet water that comes through a limestone aquifier in Florida into the boiler and plumbing of my investment.

A gallon of drinking water is 75 cents and a very good investment considering the money spent on a good espresso machine.

But hey, that's just me.

There's people who drink the water here from the sink but again, that's there plumbing, not mine.

Congratulations on that shiny new machine Carlos and may it bring you many years of coffee bliss.
Sounds like you are in an extreme water situation, if that is the case, then ok, you need filtered water via inline or just bottled water.

How much water do you think the machine will use in one week? Over a half gallon would be my guess.

Boston (and NYC) have good tap water.