View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Circuit City Closing all US operations

THOUSANDS of stores have gone out of business this past year, and there are many more to go out of business this year.
Granted, some had a good hand in their own demise.
By far, the greatest impact on the downturn of the economy has been caused by gas prices. In the last 6 years the price has nearly tripled.
For sake of argument, let's say it's only cost twice as much over the whole term of six years.
We use 386,000,000 gallons of gas a day.
That is 845,340,000,000 gallons in the last six years.
Instead of paying $1,690,680,000,000 we paid twice that.
That means in six years almost 2 TRILLION EXTRA dollars went to pay for gas during Dubya the oilman's watch.

Now, all of a sudden, gas is about 30 cents higher than it was 6 years ago and it continues to drop fast.

The loss of two trillion dollars of money that's pumped back into the economy as folks buying stuff they don't need will cripple and kill LOTS of business.
I'm just hoping folks will place blame where blame is due.

For the sake of argument, and cause I rounded up, and because I know the numbers I figured up may be beat down by argument, let's call it One trillion.
Still makes a pretty valid point, and I have yet to hear any questions asked as to why it's been let to happen or why no one has asked why gas is now $1.50 a gallon.
I guess I'm just retarded, I dunno.

Oh, one more thing...
The gas prices have gone up in lots more places than the US. Lots of other countries are suffering even worse than we are because their economies are smaller. Some have completely collapsed.
Oh yeah...
We kicked up 588 billion so far to insure we get to pay double for protecting the oil, too. That'll put a dent in the economy a bit. At least that money created some jobs and fed some families.

Last edited by shilala; 01-16-2009 at 10:38 PM.
shilala is offline   Reply With Quote