Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
doctorcue
BABOTL - VP of Drinking

First Name: Danny
Trading: (2)
VR
doctorcue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Circuit City Closing all US operations

Well, personally I saw this coming for years. As a former Manager, the company waited too long to change. By the time CC started making changes; Best Buy had already set up shop from Coast-to-Coast. I remember being in district meetings in the late 90s with "Best Buy is coming!" being chanted. Yet, their response was to insure pricing was good. They never thought of the experience. Best Buy is just more exciting to go into. CC always felt like an old Sears (no-offense to Sears). By the time they changed the sales staff from pushy to more BestBuy-like... it was too late. At that point they were headed into the same place as Montgomery Wards Electric Ave, Goodguys, CompUSA, etc.

As bad as CC was/is; I think it sucks that now our electronics retailers are Best Buy, WalMart, & Costco. Sure there are Frys but not that many. Sure you can buy whatever you want off of the web; but something about seeing it in person makes a difference for me.

So long CC. I made a bunch of friends there & met my wife there. So it wasn't all bad. I do wonder how my TV warranty/extended service will be honored. Who knows???