View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 04:27 PM   #211
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

So finally broke down and picked up a gun. After much back and forth I decided to grab a Henry Lever Action Frontier model, just for range shooting and plinking. Before I even had it I ordered the large loop for it and got them both on the same day. Today I broke it down, installed the large loop lever and now just waiting on the right dove converter for the red dot sight, it's just for range fun, but the eyes aren't what they used to be so the red dot just makes it easier to target things. Super fun gun for all ages and to quote My Cousin Vinny, it's balls on accurate, with just the iron sites. What can I say, I've had my fill of pistols and M-16s in the military (and TOWs even), now I like wheel guns and lever action rifles ... it's all very cowboys and indians.

I will say breaking it all down the first time was a bit of a pain in the ass, the videos online tend to suck, the Henry videos sucked the most actually, so there was a bit of frustration getting the lever set right with the locking bar, hopefully 2nd time around will be less so.

Next gun will be a revolver not sure what, while I love the S&W 686 (.357 / .38 special), I might go with a .22 there as well, again it's just for fun and when I go shooting I like to shoot a lot, which can get expensive with a lot of calibers. I actually wanted a Mare's Leg, but of course those are illegal in the liberal republic of California.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (107.1 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 05-23-2016 at 04:29 PM.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote