View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough
Default 1st attempt at smoking/grilling ribs tomorrow

Well tomorrow night I'm going to make my 1st attempt at smoking/grilling ribs. Ribs are one of my favorite foods to eat, however cooking them is tricky, especially when you have a gas grill. Here is my method, please jump in and give me any advice if you think it would work better.

I have the rack marinating right now and will do so until tomorrow evening. I have a smoke box that will have a half and half mix of pre-soaked chips and dry chips (mesquite). I'm going to put the chips on and fire the grill up to about 600 degrees, then kill the left and center burners and bring it down to about 300. I'm going to put the ribs on the far left burner, and move them after an hour, flipping them and putting them on the center. Then in a half hour, flip again and move back to the left side. I'm guessing this method will take about two hours. I'll be basting them with my marinade each time I move them while also adding chips to the smoke box. With about 10 minutes left, I'll add the sauce.

If anyone has any pointers, please chime in. I'm a novice at the whole smoking on a gas grill thing. In a few months I'm going to buy a real smoker, but until then I'm going to have to play with a smoke box.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote