View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 07:31 AM   #2259
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

You're not being a puss! Give it a try neat, if it's too much throw a couple splashes of water or an ice cube, try again. I think you'll get up there quickly, I never used to be able to drink scotch without an ice cube but when I started switching to bourbon I tried skipping the cube and for the most part only drink neat now, but sometimes certain pours need a little water to open them up.

I've heard barrel proof bourbon described as being able to enjoy three ways: neat, splash of water, over a little ice. All three will give you a little different experience, try them out and see what you like best.

I also once had a guy at a liquor store tell me I should buy a bottle of Barrell Bourbon because I could add enough water to basically get two bottles of 80 proof for the price of one so it was a good deal. I didn't buy it... or anything there...