View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #52
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: General Star Wars Bizarre things

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
A little research earlier today and I just learned more about Star Wars releases than I ever wanted, or cared, to know....

So it appears that my LD has the episode title, since it's the widescreen version from the mid 80's and not the original pan & scan. Other than that, it's supposedly the same as the original theatrical release.

Seems like there were also about 20 something different release versions of Star Wars on LD (I had no idea, I thought it was like 5 or 6 total between NTSC and PAL), not counting the CAV remastered trilogy box set which, for LDs, marked the first installment of any additional footage.
I'm not advocating the changes Lucas has made since 1997 to his original films (I don't like the new changes at all), but that's proof that he's been making adjustments since the first film was released. No one seemed to care about the adjustments until he started using CGI.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote