Old 07-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
bigdix
Cigarmurai

First Name: Dan
Trading: (1)
Trinidad AirForce (Active)
bigdix will become famous soon enough
Default Ashton VSG Illusion

I'm sure it's been done a hundred times before, but I'd like a wag at it. Also, I took photos, but uploading them here is a ***** it seems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Setting: My front porch in Okinawa, Japan.
Beverage: Maker's Mark Bourbon, neat.

Prelight: This is an extremely well constructed cigar. No veins to speak of, the wrapper is beautiful, and it smells exquisite. The prelight draw was earthy and a bit sweet....just seemed like primo tobacco. I've smoked a couple of these in the past, so I figured it was about time.

First 1/3: Lit beautifully, delicious. Sweet with hints of what the cigar was to later become. A little sweetness, a tad spicy, nice white ash, I had immediately remembered why I liked these cigars.

Second 1/3: The flavors were coming together here. A tasty smoke, gorgeous ash, no burn issues whatsoever. Just the right amount of spice, complimented the bourbon VERY well. Hints of lavender, and GREAT tobacco. Quite the lovely little bouquet.

Third 1/3: This thing is a flavor explosion! Fantastic. Not too much nicotene, and it seems the flavors have remained constant. Fairly one-dimensional, but very matured. Easily one of the best smokes in the humi at the moment! This thing is great with a little whiskey. I almost ate the nub.

Final thoughts: Great cigar, as I remembered. Would I buy a box? Hell yes, I plan on it. Great construction, a bit of a tight draw in the beginning but that fixed itself. Perfect after dinner smoke. About 70 mins for me.

I hope this helps somebody who hasn't had one (though they must be from Mars!).

Happy Smoking, Brothers/Sisters!!!
Dan