View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Age (NC) Or Not To Age

Moses, on the direction you're headed, I just had a thought...
There need to be components left in the tobabbo via the fermentation process that preserve potential greatness.
If the process is not done carefully, the leaves aren't washed with care, aren't dried under stringent conditions, aren't baled, unbaled, and restacked faithfully, many tannins and hydrocarbons are already lost before the tobacco is rolled.
The potential is down the drain.

Although wine-making isn't the same, it still relies on controlled fermentation, just like tobacco.
It costs FAR more to do it and create a superior product than it does to knock out Mogan David or a (insert generic cigar name here).

It's cool to chase the whole picture, and I know you (and many others here) know this stuff, I just had a minute to type it for other folks who may not know.