Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (4)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
stevef2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weird Situation Kinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
I don't think he's asking for a stick for her to try, just one where she might find the aroma more pleasant. I could be wrong, though.
Yes. That is what I am asking about. She already smokes cigarettes and does enjoy a Macanudo or Montecristo cigar from time to time. She is just complaining about how MY smokes stink, especially my go to Famous Nic 5000. I was curious about some cigars with good fragrance that I can try to see if I like or not. Maybe find something I like that she can tolerate the smell of it. 85% of the time I am on the porch by myself smoking listening to some music but occasionally she comes out and wants to chill as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Steve, you have to smoke what YOU like. You may have to smoke outside of her presence as I think any cigar will come over as "cigar-smelling". I wouldn't smoke an infused cigar or any other sweet-smelling cigar so my wife would enjoy the aroma, especially if I weren't a fan of them. Sorry, it's my nasty habit and I like the way my go-to's smell. You may have to start smoking down wind.
Agree. I do smoke what I like. I would not smoke it otherwise. I will not change that either. I am mainly looking for some ideas of decent smelling cigars for her sake when she decides she wants to come out and enjoy the sunshine. Of course I will not smoke a cigar if I think it is a dog rocket but I always like trying new cigars as well. Can maybe find a middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
What I would be concerned about is setting the dangerous precedent that your Liberty is subject to the approval of your SO, or anyone else for that matter. There seems to be a pervasive notion in female culture that men are like children, to be controlled or managed; for their own good, of course. How many times have we seen television commercials that portray the "father" as some sort of idiot or heard a woman refer to her husband as one of her "children"? My wife tells me about other women she knows who have told her "You have to make him stop smoking!" or "Why do you let him smoke?". She says that she could never respect me if I was the type to just roll over and let her walk on me.
Well said. If she wanted to try and change who I am or dictate how I live my life we would not be together. She was actually the one who introduced me to the more premium cigars. Of course my tastes evolved from the original cigars she had me trying as well. I love me some Maduros!
stevef2005 is offline   Reply With Quote