View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #50
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: &)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!!

Cole, I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know what advice you've gotten.
If there's no insurance, going to the PO won't help, they're held harmless.

Personally, over the years I've shipped gazillions of packages. If the item is high value, I always insure it on my dime whether the buyer wants it or not.
On everything else, I sort of self-insure. I've saved so much over the years by not insuring that if something gets destroyed, I can certainly afford to replace it.
The way I see it is that if I sell you something, it's MY responsibility that you get it complete, perfect, and in just the condition you purchased it. If I sent the smokes to you, I'd just replace them. If I didn't have the same thing, I'd make good however we worked it out.
I know that businesses nowadays try to push that responsibility off on the buyer, and it's 100% bullsh1t. That way of thinking has started working it's way down to people shipping person to person, and it's still wrong.

For instance, I bought a puppy a few weeks ago. I paid ahead of time. Had I got there and the breeder handed me a puppy that looked like your box and said "you should have bought insurance" there'd be a big problem. His responsibility was to deliver the puppy to me in good puppy shape.

I don't know if the seller offered to replace the smokes or what, and I mean him no malice, I don't even know who sent the smokes. My words have nothing to do with him, just the way things are nowadays.
Many people refuse to take responsibility for their actions anymore, hoping to blame someone else. You don't find that here at CA, and it's one of the things that makes dealing with our brothers such a pleasure.
I make sure I find like-minded businesses in the real world where I can buy stuff. It keeps my blood pressure down.
I hope you get (got) this all resolved, my friend!!!