View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 AM   #36
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Apple addressing security concerns.

This issue is exciting and refreshing because as everyone is using Facebook to make their lives an open book, along comes a discourse on the desire for privacy. Perhaps this is a public pendulum correction?

But with all of the enthusiastic discussions, hopefully there are some items to learn.

1. Those with Apple products, have you enabled the erase data setting on 10 failed passcode attempts?

This would need to be done on iPads as well and it's in the same configuration area.

2. Are you using a passcode that is as long as allowable on the device? Older iPhone products you are stuck with 4 numerals but a long passcode option to go up to 6 numerals exists on later models. I have a 6s and its 6 numerals on my iPhone or a finger print but the numerals can always be entered and are higher in priority.

How many of you had the erase data feature enabled before this controversy? Interestingly enough, I had it enabled on my old phone but forgot to enable it when I upgraded so this controversy was useful in reminding me to check!! Funny how things work out sometimes.