Thread: Drone Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 06:17 AM   #10
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Drone Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Just bought an Air 2s myself. Suffice to say, there's so much boondoggle going on with government regulation, you'd think these things are causing civilian aircraft to drop from out of the skies.

Unfortunately, the FAA prohibits flying in most of the areas we recreational flyers want to get shots, which is to say, exactly where you want to fly... historic areas or national parks. Just more government fuc#ery to add to the complexity of your life.

While I completely understand the notion that we don't want to send a drone into the engine of a 777, my understanding is that there have been zero (yes, ZERO) hobbyist collisions with aircraft. It's been primarily military UAS units... and geese which cause the majority of hazards. Perhaps those fowl should be required by the FAA to study for and obtain their Part 107 before roosting by an airport.

If Benjamin Franklin were alive today, he'd be arrested for flying a kite without a license.

That said, download the 'B4UFLY' app and you'll see where in yiur area yiu can safely (and legally) go aloft.
I was astounded at the many, many regulations and rules. I already got the B4UFLY app and fortunately for me I live in a very rural are in a rural county so it's not too crazy. My county also has no local ordinances on drones. The community I live in is pretty much surrounded by a National Forest (Osceola) on the west, south, and north, and a state forest too. I see that you can't fly over any state parks, forests, etc. But it looks like I would be good to go in the Osceola National Forest but I am gonna make some phone calls just to be sure.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote