Thread: Drone Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Drone Anyone?

For Christmas this year I will be getting a DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone. Have been interested in them for a while just never did get around to getting one til now.

Is there anyone here who uses them to take video and pics? I is my interest/intent to do videos and pictures of historic places, old homesteads, and other interesting places near me.

Have already registered it with FAA, under the exception for recreational flyers. After reading up on it though there seems to be some different opinions on what separates recreational flying and posting viedeos to social media/YouTube. So I have enrolled in a class at Pilot Institute to secure a commercial license as well.

I will post videos in our community Facebook page where I live, but I am also creating a YouTube channel for it as well with the intention/hope that I can get good enough and eventually monetize the account. If it never meets requirements to monetize it won't be a big deal but you gotta have goals right?

I also talked to a good friend of mine whom is an Assistant Chief at our local fire department. He told me there is a class they do for Public Service Drones that will allow me to be a pilot of the drones our local sheriff's office has that are $20k drones. Flying during public events and fires, etc. I told him to let me know then the next class is and I would love to take it.

Maybe once I get my channel up and running I may post a link to the channel so if anyone is interested in seeing videos from Northeast Florida they could check it out.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote