oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Recon Cigar

http://www.reconcigars.com/

So my local B&M got some of these in, the owner highly recommended it, telling me "I thought it was just a gimmick but they're actually pretty good.". Now a lot of the cigars he's suggested to me ended up tasting like wet dog, but I figured what the hell.

After you get it out of the bullet shaped tubo it's basically just a cigar with some camo shaped cutout leaves glued to it.

First off the thing has a strange unnatural sheen, like it had been shellacked or something. I used my giant brain to deduce that they probably go over the thing with pectin or whatever after they glue the stupid leaves on to make it look camo. Maybe so they don't flake off at the corners?

The second thing I noticed is the insanely tight draw, it wasn't plugged just rolled really, really tight. After I cut it I didn't light it for a couple days thinking if I left it out to dry a bit it would loosen up, it didn't.

The pre-light had no wet cardboard taste, which is a good start when you get a cigar recommended by this guy, unfortunately once I lit it there wasn't a whole lot of flavor. It was medium strength and completely unoffensive, not a dog rocket at all just meh. Actually a pretty decent smoke, I gave up on it after a couple inches because the tight draw was making a vein pop in my forehead and I was getting a headache, if it had been more comfortable to smoke I would have finished it.

It wasn't terrible at all, not something to be avoided like the plague, maybe even worth the 13 bucks if you want it for a novelty cigar and don't mind looking like a huge douche with a camo cigar hanging out of your mouth. Personally I wouldn't smoke this thing except in the comfort of my own home. I might even buy another to see if I get one that doesn't try to give me a migraine.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote