View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newb checking in...humidor suggestions requested.

I might go against the grain, but I have learned over time that if you are even into cigars for a YEAR,
Buy a humidor of some quality and leave the cheap humidors to the people who spend twice as much
money over 5 times as much time. Cheap humidors, no matter how fancy looking, are just cheap humidors.
Buy a small desktop humidor, as good as you can afford, and also buy a small ice chest with a great seal.
Keep your smoking stash in a small desktop and keep the rest of your cigars in an ice chest. A desktop,
in my experience should be high quality, small and subtle. Something that can go anywhere in the
home and not look out of place. Consider a handmade box from one of our members. It may seem
expensive at first, but in the end its really not excessive in terms of the lack of time and attention and
constant moisture maintenance with a leaky cheapy. You could look for a used model here. Like I said,
people are always selling cheap humis because they don't work so hot.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote