View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Question hmm... got "a few" pipes... now what?

Well it's getting cold out here, which makes cigar smoking a PITA. Perfect time to try out pipe smoking. I went rummaging around down in the storage room and found the box I KNEW was lurking back in the corner, all but forgotten about. My Grandfather's pipes, dormant for 15 years.

With the exception of the last one, ALL of them are used and dirty. Not pictured is a pack of pipe cleaners, a pipe tamper, and moderately smoked Dunhill Meerschaum which is hiding at the moment. I don't know a think about the pipes. Some are unmarked, some have nice looking names, some have countries like Italy and Turkey (predominantly Italy). Only a single cob in there. Predominantly strait pipes as opposed to curvy. My grandfather was Sicilian and had money, so he purchased whatever the hell he wanted, which could have been NICE... and could have been not so nice, who the hell knows! I have NO idea what kind of baccy he smoked in em.

So uhhh.... now what? I've got a GREAT tobacco shop 4 blocks from me thats been in the same spot for over 100 years, so I've got a good source for baccy and knowledgeable staff. Needless to say I have lots of exploration ahead, and I've been scouring the net reading pipe101 guides.... which mostly assume you're not starting where I am starting.... so any advice specific to where I'm at??

Last edited by spectrrr; 12-18-2009 at 12:31 AM.
spectrrr is offline   Reply With Quote