Thread: Stress fracture
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Stress fracture

Take it easy brother. Stress fx's and how they heal are kind of like taking antibiotics. The doc tells you to take all of them but as you feel better you stop and then the infection returns but worse so let your body heal completely before you even think about testing it again otherwise you'll be in for a much worse fracture amongst other damage you'd end up doing to yourself. Take your anti-inflammatory meds (don't over do that either), elevate and ice as much as possible, and as i said before don't over do it and you'll be back in no time. You know your body better than anyone so when it hurts it's trying to tell you to back off a bit. Up your calcium, Vitamin C & E, and protein intake too.

Just some helpful advice from the guy who's spent 13+ years working in physical therapy.