View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Green Beans ordered for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Sounds great, Todd, especially the two African beans.

Me, I gotta grit my teeth and make do with store-generic cans of mud.
What do you pay for a can of mud?

If you look at what I picked up, (including the Haitian which is treat-myself splurge and more than I'd spend normally) I am getting 65 pounds of coffee shipped, for less than $400. That's about $6 a pound, but about $5,50 a pound for 60 pounds worth, the Haitian is a big difference.

You can get into an introductory roaster for about $130. I've had mine for about 6 years now, after the first one finally gave up the ghost.

For the difference in fresh roasted coffee, it is amazing. And I am guessing, not truly much more expensive than the "mud" you are drinking.

Once a week I get coffee other than at home, it is the day of the Men's Morning Bible Study. I think it rude to sit there and not patronize the shop, so I get a cup there. Although, I have brought the owner some of my fresh roasted coffee, for they buy theirs elsewhere, and the owner was duly impressed.